Monday 5 November 2012

ONE ROUND GRANNY SQUARES...variations

TINY ONE ROUND GRANNY
One of my favourite granny squares... time consuming though made with Fine Merino and a 3mm hook
With this tiny one I prefer the texture of the wrong side, 

2 STRAND ONE ROUND GRANNY
then I tried a 2 strand, fine merino and DK acrylic worked together and a 5mm hook...
using a larger centre hole this one also looks great from the back

CHUNKY 2 STRAND, ONE ROUND GRANNY
I prefer the right side ith this sample....DK Cashmerino and James c Brett DK Marble and a 6mm hook
how changing the hook and the yarn they can look very different.

Want a more formal granny block? Try using cross stitch patterns for inspiration 




SNOWFLAKE AND STAR PATTERN LINK as promised yesterday


have a great week everyone xx

1 comment:

  1. I love the colorful one.. reminds me of that vest I was enamored off in that movie and you told me who the designer was but I've forgotten.. lol! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete