Friday 29 July 2016

Granny Squares and Batik

My first book, Granny Squares, has been  nominated for best crochet book in the Let's Knit Magazine British Knitting Awards 2016 voting is still open so hope you will vote for me?


There is stiff competition, but i'm so chuffed to have been nominated. To write a book when I retired was always a life times ambition, to have 2 published is wonderful and to now have my first nominated for best crochet book is over whelming to say the least. 



Playing around with the camper blanket pattern on page 80 and the stone washed Stylecraft Batik yarn right now...so I also use my own book too and the motif takes on a completely new look with the Batik



same motif as i used for my latest shopper... I just lengthened the stitch a little and is made in Cottons



 a hex version too...
 The Camper Blanket from the book, in the background....
The Shopper, already been well used, hanging on the chair at the front door, waiting for its next trip out





No comments:

Post a Comment