Sunday 3 July 2016

WEEKEND OUTING AND A CROCHET PLAYTIME..

I had a day off yesterday there was a 40th Birthday celebration in Shrewsbury Town Square.  Shrewsbury Morris...a very entertaining group of Morris Dancers.  

I sat and watched them all afternoon in the sunshine with just a little sun shower...then I went shopping for some summer dresses, bought myself a couple of new flax dresses, now i need to make the necklaces and wraps I've just got to have to go with them!

The bag I made this weekend, to go with one new dress, but it would make a great cushion too.


Love the lemon/yellow one but it definitely needs a lemon/yellow bead and bezel necklace...and of course a wrap too

At a push goes quite well with the new Cotton Circle String bag i've made over the weekend to go with the olive green and cream dress i bought a few weeks ago and still haven't worn!....I need to find some where to go i think.

and my pink bead and bezel necklace goes beautifully with the new pink flax dress i just had to have too....do you do that find something you like and buy it in more than one colour? Click the link to see how to make them 
a pink wrap is definitely something i will be making or a navy or grey one..or all!

A bag or a cushion works for me...

an adapted pattern from Book 1: Granny Squares with a Vintage Vibe

4 comments:

  1. Hi sue, gorgeous dresses! I especially love the pink floral one, can you tell me what label it is would love to try and get one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria, thanks, i love it too going to keep one for a family wedding in August....the tag in the dress just says MADE IN ITALY and the card tag says PuroLino pure Linen, pure flax...hope you can track it down they did it in about 4 colours in the shop i bought it in...good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  3. how about using stylecraft malabar for a wrap for your pink dress? I love it, it drapes lovely and colours are fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Helen, good idea but i'm looking for something with a lot more shine but do agree Malabar drapes really well i have a wrap in it already fabulous and cosy to wear x

      Delete