Tuesday 20 June 2017

Flower/Triangle trim PATTERN.

TAKING STOCK of Life and my blog....




I have found one or two old pattern from quite a few years back, badly written and lost! Or not easy to find, patterns i knew were there but even i found them really hard to find. This one i am going to remake in Colours to fit the new kitchen, soft blue's, grey, navy, black, cream and oatmeal.

This is one of the first of a few free pattern to come. I will be updated and rewriting, so they are now easier to follow.  

Just a quick update on the triangles and flowers from the rose print cushion inspiration



BUNTING OR EDGING FOR A BLANKET OR TRIM FOR MANY PROJECTS

US Terms

FLOWER: 
6mm hook for 2 strands of DK or one of Chunky
5mm hook for Aran
4mm for DK


Magic circle 
Row 1: col.1. ch2 counts as first dc, 11 dc in circle, sl st to complete. [12dc]
Row 2: att. 2nd col. in any st, ch1, counts as first sc, 1sc in same st, 2 sc in each st, sl st, to complete. [24sc]
Row 3: att. 3rd col. in any st, ch2, dc in first st, dc in next 2 sts, dc, ch2, sl st, into same st, 
sl st into next st, repeat 5 times, sl st, to complete. [6petals]


SC TRIANGLE PATTERN

6mm hook for 2 strands of DK or one of Chunky
5mm hook for Aran
4mm for DK

 Ch13 turn
ROW 1: sc in second st from hook, sc in next 11 st, turn. [12sc]
ROW 2 - 12 : Miss the 1st st at the start of every row, sc in each st. [equilateral triangle]
Att. to flower with last stitch or leave a long end and sew tog, join in the centre sp of one petal, sew off end securely.

SIZE:
Using Aran and a 5mm hook the Flower/triangle measures approx:
3.5" across x 6" in length
Chunky and 6mm hook will be slightly bigger and the DK and 4mm hook, will be slightly smaller


ORIGINAL PATTERN 29/06/2011.

New blue/grey version 2017









as a blanket trim?





4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, welcome back from your travels xx

      Delete
  2. vraiment trés beaux j' aime beaucoup le rendu c' est trés joli a trés vite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello
    I registered and paid for membership on Sunday. I received the link email on Monday morning. I tried to open it on my phone and was told I couldnt because I didn't have java. I then tried to open it on my mac and was told it had already been used! Could you please send me a new link so I can access Patterns 2017?
    Thanks for your help.
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete