Thursday 25 October 2018

BLUE TARTAN CAL: Sample progress

Progress on the Blue Tartan CAL... 
i'm using blues and greys for this Tartan, its to go in my kitchen. 

THIS POST IS A PRE-CAL POST 
nothing cast in stone yet...

I've chosen 10 COLOURS and I'm using Merino. dk and 5mm hook
Merino is a springy yarn and fills the gaps well but Acrylic or wool or a mix can be used.


I've had a yarn sort out earlier this week, ready for the workshop at the end of November and found I have 3 boxes of Merino so plenty of choice for the new tartan samples.

 As it's still a WIP, the 10 colours might change
This is what the repeat would look like if i stopped at 5 colours, but there are at least another 4 shades to go.....and it will change quite a lot..

its actually teal than the picture looks and at the moment it looks more like a check than a tartan lol.

TARTAN COLOUR FORMULA
I am hoping i can give you a Colour formula, so you can use your choice of colours, if that doesn't work then I will give you my Blue chart and another new one and the bright pink/green sample i showed you last week...

9 square block to make this modern look, pink/green tartan


another round makes a big difference. 

PATTERN LINK HERE

2 comments: