Tuesday 15 April 2014

The Black Tulips....

Remember the January Picture of them just popping the heads out of the soil?
I have watched them grow along side the Christmas trees I put outside and hoped would survive....
 
well look at them now
 As they were growing I could see little tips of a pinky red/purple but they are going blacker the longer they are out and the mini trees are covered in new growth too...
 I'm so pleased I haven't killed them or the Christmas trees...I wonder how big the Trees will be for next Christmas?
 

6 comments:

  1. How majestic they stand! The colour is out of this world - enjoy them Sue! Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me encantan los tulipanes! que lindo tienes tu jardin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi...thanks yes in my back garden just outside the kitchen door so I can see them all the time x

      Delete
  3. I absolutely adore this colour, I saw a picture once, of these black tulips, combined with some light pink ones and the contrast was startling and so beautiful... I am getting them once, lovely, lovely plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and the longer they are flowering the blacker they seem to get....must get an up to date picture. X
      Thanks x

      Delete