Sunday 28 April 2013

ONLY MANAGED ONE MORE ROW ON THE CHAIR COVER..

Lots more still to make..will try and get another row done tonight.
 Really had a fabulous time at the Wonder Wool Wales Show yesterday....spent the whole time smilling, every five minutes someone tapped me on the shoulder or just in passing said how they loved my granny square coat..must have been about 30+ people and what was great all ages loved it from the young ones to my age...going to make another for next winter the pattern will be one for sale.
And a lovely lady recognised me by the coat from the blog and asked if I was The 8th Gem...fame at last lol!
 
VINTAGE BOOKS
I didn't buy a lot of yarn just 3 more colours of Aran weight,  £2.50 - 50grm ball....
but I did buy 2 vintage crochet books, A compilation of 19 Century patterns and a book published in 1959, some wonderfully inspirational designs, just need to give them a modern twist...
 
Part of a place mat...I have made into a double flower.
 
 
GRANNY SQUARE COAT POSTS ...finished photo
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi There, It's OK!!! One row is still progress and as long as there is progress, it's OK!!!!
    Would love a photo of your coat??!!
    Love
    AMarie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thanks lol.....
      Coat, I will add a picture and a link to the post
      Hugs x

      Delete
  2. I am intrigued each time I see your chair backs.. I want to do some someday! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teresa, I just can't wait to have the first one finished...but right now I have so many distractions. Like new vintage crochet books lol
      Hugs x

      Delete