Monday 19 December 2016

Angel Wings Shawl: PATTERN PART 1

Any Random/space dyed yarn from sock wool to Aran, to make different size shawls 
US Terms UK Terms in brackets

OFF YOU GO...and have fun

Link to FACEBOOK Angel Wings Shawl Mini CAL HERE

Link to some samples

Link to mixing yarn sample


STITCHES:
 ttr, [qtr], yo 4 times, 5 pull throughs
dtr [ttr], yo 3 times pull through 4times
tr  [dtr], yo 2 times pull through 3 times
dc [tr], yo once, pull through 2 times 
sc [dc], pull through once

NOTE: I have written the pattern so if you print it out you can tick off each part of the pattern as you complete it with all the changes in st length in a row i thought this might help

Pattern part 1
Work continuously with a space dyed yarn 
Should take approx. half an hour to an hour to do part 1

Finger Wrap of 5 wraps

ROW 1: 12sc [12dc], into circle sl st to complete.  (12Ssts)


ROW 2: ch5,  ttr, [qtr], into first st, ch1, 
2dtr [2ttr],  into next st, ch1, 
2tr [2dtr], into next st, ch1,
 2dc [2tr], into next st, ch1, 
1dc, ch2, 1dc,  [1tr, ch2, 1tr], into next st, ch1, [bottom point of shawl]
 2dc [2tr], into next st, ch1,
2tr [2dtr], into next st, ch1, 
2dtr [2ttr],  into next st, ch1,  
2ttr, [2qtr], in 9th st 3sts unused  (18sts)


ROW 3: ch2, turn, 1dc [1tr], in first st, 1dc [1tr], in next st, and every st, and ch sp, to bottom point, 1dc [1tr], ch2, 1dc [1tr], in ch 2 point, 1dc [1tr] in every st and ch1 sp, finish with 2dc [2tr], in the last sp, between last 2 sts (15sts each side)




ROW 4: ch5,  ttr, [qtr], into first st, ch1, 
miss a st,
  2ttr, 2[qtr], into first st, ch1, 
miss a st,
2dtr [2ttr],  into next st, ch1,
miss a st,
2dtr [2ttr],  into next st, ch1,
miss a st,
2tr [2dtr], into next st, ch1,
miss a st,
2tr [2dtr], into next st, ch1,
miss a st,
 2dc [2tr], into next st, ch1, 
miss a st,
 2dc [2tr], into next st, 
in ch2 point, 1dc [1tr], ch2, 1dc [1tr], 
 2dc [2tr], into next st, ch1, 
miss a st,
 2dc [2tr], into next st, ch1, 
miss a st,
2tr [2dtr], into next st, ch1,
miss a st,
2tr [2dtr], into next st, ch1,
miss a st,
2dtr [2ttr],  into next st, ch1,
miss a st,
2dtr [2ttr],  into next st, ch1,
miss a st,
  2ttr, 2[qtr], into first st, ch1, 
miss a st,
  2ttr, 2[qtr], into first st, ch1, 
miss a st, this last pair of sts, will go into the sp between the last 2 sts of row below.
(17sts each side)



ROW 5: ch2, turn, 1dc [1tr, in to next st, not the first one, so you have a st, in each st not 2 in the first, 
1dc [1tr], in next ch1 sp, 
continue with 1dc [1tr], in every st, and ch1 sp, to point, 
1dc [1tr], ch2, 1dc [1tr] in ch2 point,
repeat 1dc [1tr], in every st and ch1 sp, to end, last st goes between the last 2sts or row below. (25sts each side)



ROW 6: ch2 turn, repeat row 5 1dc [1tr], in every st, and repeat point. [26sts each side]


HAVE FUN 
Let me know how you are doing and how long it takes you to do each part
I might give you part 2 on Tuesday xx


SaveSave

35 comments:

  1. It's looking really pretty, Sue, but at the moment, I've got my right arm frustratingly set in a stiff and uncomfortable plaster. I miss my crochet!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no! what have you done? i bet you do especially this time of year xx

      Delete
    2. I feel for you Sandra as I also have a plaster on my right hand. Luckily they left out my pinch finger and thumb, but it does slow you down. Hope you get better soon.

      Delete
  2. Looks easy to follow Sue. Not happy with any of the wool I've got at the moment so shall print off ready. Thank you very much ...... again 😆😆😆

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK - so I've made it tricky already by choosing fluffy yarns held together - Shawl in a ball and Kidsilk Haze. This meant a bit of repeated frogging at the start and some straining with stitch definition and counting. This all took me around an hour but from here on in I suspect it'll be plain-sailing and it already looks rather lovely. Wow Sue - you were up early to get this posted ready for me waking up! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sounding great....yes i can be up all hours lol enjoy xx

      Delete
  4. Printed off all ready for tonight. My very first CAL and I cant wait to start.
    Thanks so much Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. enjoy thanks for making this your first cal xx

      Delete
  5. Thanks sue gonna get some. Coloured yarn and follow thanks great instructions

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaaaaaay A lovely surprise to wake up to, Thank you so much..
    The pattern is now printing ready for the off while I get the yarn ready.
    Excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What size hook are you recommending?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what ever the yarn recommends everyone is using a different yarn xx

      Delete
  8. I'm loving this pattern so far.It's well written and part one took about an hour,now for part 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it Sue, it took me about an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Want to join. How to join? Kindly guide me. Beautiful pattern

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maureen, Here the pattern is on this blog xx

      Delete
  11. Love this so far. Took me 1/2 hour to complete. Can't wait for part 2!! Thank you Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What yarn are most of you using? Want to do this CAL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna, many if you join the Facebook group you will see lots of them link is on the post xx

      Delete
  13. Gracias Susan por compartir este hermoso Shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where do we look for Part 3? Or, how will you let us know when Part 3 is done? Love working on this shawl pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ALL PARTS OF THE PATTERN ARE ON THIS BLOG...taking a couple of days of now for Christmas and the finishing of the AW shawl will be next week after Boxing day
    Merry Christmas to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Starting after the CAL ended because I was waiting on my yarn to arrive. It's my favorite yarn, but I have been waiting for just the right shawl pattern to buy it and use it. This pattern is Beautiful and the yarn is looking as pretty as I knew it would on this! Thank you, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not seeing a link to the pattern for printing. Can someone direct me there please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl, there isn't one copy and paste works xx

      Delete
    2. I use Print Friendly for sites with no BUTTON or link. Works great and I can decide which pictures to keep so I can save paper too

      Delete