Thursday 9 June 2011

Thanks For a great Coffee Break this Morning

Thanks Annie and Jo...it was lovely to catch up

When l got back there was a little something on the door mat..my Clover Pom Pom Maker
and l'd nipped into the shop on the way home and picked up a wow of a magazine..
Some times there isn't as much as you hoped for in them, but love every page of this months 
Country Homes & Interiors
James turned up and we cooked and ate lunch together and then l sat and made a few pom poms
WOW! Fabulously easy with this little gadget

Thanks Non Blogging Alice, it certainly was a great buy
The stripe is the start of the other bathroom mat....but the colours were right to show off the 
pom poms....
These are the 2.5" pom poms, they do a small set 3/4" and an 1" so l might be tempted to buy that too and make small ones to edge rugs, blinds, lamp shades  etc.

TODAY'S POM POM INFO
About 15grms a pom pom, to gives me an idea
The blue and oatmeal striped mat l made is approximately 13 x 8 =104 pom poms about 16 x 100gram  balls of wool to make a small rug
Originally l said l wanted to make a rug with about 200 pom poms....may be not! LOL
l would certainly recommend the 
CLOVER POM POM MAKER

and l'll let you know about the small set
Just having a quick play with mixed colours...l'm hooked hehe

Have a terrific Thursday everyone
Hugs to all x



13 comments:

  1. oohh that gadget looks fab, must see if I can get one. Oohh I usually like that magazine, will have to have a nose at it when I next go shopping although I bought Mollie Makes yesterday so should really ration myself lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Suz, I just love settling in with a lovely magazine! My favorites are - Country Living & Coastal Living. Love beachy colors and decor!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh those pom poms look ace! Really like them. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB bit of equipment...definitely a stocking filler or birthday pressie for all crafters
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i never knew you could get a gadget that makes pom poms, lovely. Likewise i treated myself to a mag today lots of lovely stuff in it x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to catch up Suz. Your pom pom maker looks like fun. Will love to see your finished item!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The USA has the answer for everything crafty - I wish the UK crafter was half as well provided for.
    Relatively inexpensive too, compared to here - I'd emigrate tomorrow on the strength of their fabric/craft shops alone :-)

    Non-blogging Alice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was really lovely to catch up today Suz. Thanks for coming out. Love the look of your pom pom maker....gone are the days of the cardboard rings then? :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! I was wondering how to achieve those awesome pom poms...how does the gadget work???? I would love to make some sort of cute little fluffy mat for my daughter's bathroom. SO CUTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suz, your pom poms are terrific. I love the colors and they look like so much fun to make.
    Have a great day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just discovered that magazine. Loved last months issue with all the beautiful crochet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, loving the pom poms!!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Suz thanks for the sneak peak at the next edition of my favorite mag!!
    Ours arrive a little later. I love settling down with a nice cup and the latest edition.
    We used to make pom poms with our Dad. He would have loved that gadget.
    Your rug looks great.
    Have a great weekend
    Chris

    ReplyDelete