Tuesday 20 February 2018

SCHEEPJES XL SAMPLING...Beautiful yarn

Asked my crochet group on Facebook 
If they had any favourite yarns and their least favourite yarns. Its led to me doing a sample wash test on Scheepjes XL...

Love the yarn myself and felt i needed to share this post after doing a wash test on a small sample of 3 colours of this Cotton/acrylic yarn that i love


BEFORE WASHING: slightly hairy look to this yarn

AFTER WASHING
actually found the 'hairiness had disappeared



RESULTS ARE:
I love the yarn, it crochets beautifully, used the recommended 5mm hook, it's soft and the Stonewash look is fabulous. 

A 70% Cotton, 30% acrylic yarn, washed on a 20deg, wash.
For a cotton yarn it is, quite 'hairy' but wasn't a problem to work with at all.

After washing most of the hairiness seemed to have disappeared....which really surprised me

After washing close ups

I have no problem with recommending this yarn to any Hooker no signs of pilling at all.

Hope that helps anyone wanting to buy this yarn 

MARCH UPDATE: 
I received my beautiful box of the DK Stone/River washed 10g balls, beautifully boxes...
I can certainly see why so many say they want to hang this gorgeous box of mini colour gems, on the wall. 
50 teeny tiny balls of cuteness...a perfect picture for any wall.

BUT...i've crocheted, unpicked and man handled this yarn to the extreme, while sampling the mini balls of yummy colours....

Absolutely no problems with the yarn at all, it CROCHETS BEAUTIFULLY, GREAT STITCH DEFINITION AND STUNNING COLOURS......but I can say that this dk yarn using a 4mm hook crochets to perfection, looks fabulous and
 I LOVE IT

I will do a wash and wear test and add the results in a few months time



4 comments:

  1. Thank you Sue,
    This is great to see!

    Hugs
    Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, some are still complaining about pilling though told them they need to check washing and go back to Scheepjes for answers...will do another post in a couple of months on same sample when its been in the washer a few times xx

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a sensible option.
    Perhaps I will start with a scarf instead of blanket and see how that fares. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thinking i don't think there is a problem t all but always best to be safe with the pennies anchors you might spend making something x

      Delete