Monday 12 February 2018

VINTAGE POPCORN STITCH STAR PATTERN

I do my popcorn a slightly different way from the standard way link to how to do popcorn shown below



This is not my pattern but i do love it and its chunky textural feel
 I first saw it on Instagram on 
CLICK TO SEE HER iNSTAGRAM PAGES

I found out she had seen a beautiful pink vintage blanket shown to her by a friend and had written a pattern and added it to her blog
A beautifully written and very easy to follow pattern

I don't often 'do' other peoples pattern but a new yarn to play with just spoke to me hope you like it too cant share yarn details yet but i will soon









This pattern has mostly been made up in plain colour or different rounds of soft colours but i think it works beautifully in a random dyed yarn

Thanks byhaafner for a wonderful pattern
and i see several new versions too love them

Im making mine into a cushion 
How i do my popcorn stitch...the byhaafner pattern link above uses a 6 dc and thats what i've used but I did make the corners slightly smaller too.


Very similar, but slightly smaller Popcorn stitch star with a chart, they call it bobble stitch but they are using popcorn stitch so basically the same a 5dc popcorn stitch...

 from crochet kingdom, click link to original post 2016
BOBBLE STAR PATTERN 
crochet kingdom pattern link with a chart 




No comments:

Post a Comment