Friday 5 February 2016

FREE CROCHET PATTERN: Supreme Double Daisy

I've decided to do a pattern for my daisy centre doily. 












Its not a difficult pattern in terms of sts, but it does require some concentrations and thought as to which round you are on and the combination of sts. 
As the ch sts, change and there is an increase then a decrease to think about too.

So please read the notes and give the 'At a glance instruction" a read first 
it should help along with the pictures.

YARN: Cotton DK 
4mm hook
US Terms in black and UK Terms in red


SUPREME DOUBLE DAISY PATTERN
A finger wrap of 5 wraps

ROUND 1: Ch1, counts as the first half made dc (tr), half made 2dc (tr) cluster tog. to make the first petal, ch2 repeat for another 5 petals. sl st into first petal, cut and weave in end. (6petals)

ROUND 2: Change col. attach yarn in any ch2 sp, ch1,counts as first half made dc (tr), half make 2dc (2tr) cluster tog. to make the first leaf, ch2 repeat in same ch sp, ch 2, repeat 2 leaves with ch2 sps, in every ch2 sp, sl st, into first leaf, cut off and weave in end. (12 leaves)

ROUND 3: Change col. attach yarn in top of first leaf, ch2 counts as first dc (tr) 1dc (1tr) in next st, 2dc (2tr) in next ch2 sp, 1dc (1tr) in next two sts (top of leaf), ch2, miss the next ch2 sp, 1dc (1tr) in next 2sts, 2dc (2tr) in next ch2 sp, 2dc (2tr) in next 2sts, miss the next ch2 sp, ch2, repeat, 4 more times, sl st into first st. (36dc, (36tr))

ROUND 4: Cont. in same col, ch2 counts as first dc (tr), 1dc (1tr) into same st, 1dc (1tr) into next 4sts, 2dc (2tr) into next st, ch2, miss next ch2 sp, repeat in the next 5 sections, sl st into the first st. 
(48dc, (48r))

ROUND 5: Cont. in same col, ch2 counts as first dc (tr), 1dc (1tr) in same st, 1dc (1tr), in next 6 sts, 2dc (2tr) in next st, ch2, miss next ch2 sp, repeat for next 5 sections, sl st into first st. 
(60dc, (60tr))

NOTE: The ch st, spacing between sections in increased from 2ch sts, to 3ch sts,

ROUND 6: Cont. in same col. ch2, counts as firs dc (tr), 1dc (1tr) into same st, 1dc (1tr) into next 8sts, 2dc (2tr) in next st, ch3, miss next ch2 sp, repeat for next 5 sections. sl st into first st.
(72dc, (72tr))


NOTE: The next 5 rows will decrease the section sts, making the top of the petal and increase the ch st, pattern.



ROUND 7: Cont. in same col. sl st into the 2nd st, ch2 counts as first dc (tr) 1dc (1tr) into same st, 1dc (1tr) into next 8sts, ch3, sc (dc) into ch3 sp, ch3, 2dc (2tr) into 3rd st, 1dc (1tr) into next 8sts, repeat for all sections. 
sl st into first st.
(60dc, (60tr))


ROUND 8-11: Repeat round 7, with a 2sts decrease in each section (top of background petal) and follow below the increase in the ch st, loops

AT A GLANCE INSTRUCTION
Round 1: 6 x 3dc (3tr) clustered petals.
Round 2: 12 x 3dc (3tr) clustered leaves.
Round 3:ch2 sp, 6dc (6tr) each background petal.
Round 4:ch2 sp, 8dc (8tr) each background petal.
Round 5:ch2 sp, 10dc (10tr) each background petal.
Round 6:ch3 loop, 12dc (12tr) each background petal.
Round 7: 2 x ch3 loops, 10dc (10tr) each background petal.
Round 8: 3 x ch3 loops, 8dc (8tr) in point of background petal.
Round 9: 4 x ch4 loops, 6dc, (6tr) in point of background petal.
Round 10:5 x ch4 loops, 4dc (4tr) in point of background petal.
Round 11:6 x ch5 loops, 2dc (2tr) in point of background petal.

Round 11 will be the join as you go round for all the hexagons, using the 3rd ch st, in the ch5 loops and a sl st, between the 2dc (2tr) at the point of the background petal.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely pattern, Sue and that centre is particularly pretty. I prefer working in US terms, because that is what I learnt crochet in, but it's nice of you to put in the UK ones for those who prefer them!
    Somehow, the US terms seem more logical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I'll give it a try as soon as I find some decent yarns, thanks for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Suz!!! I can't wait to get home to compare your pattern to the one I wrote out from the photo you posted in July. I liked this daisy so much, I printed out a copy of the photo, and sat down and traced out your stitches to write down the pattern. I've used this to create motifs for a bedspread in mixed bright colors that mimic your style. I keep this project at my mother's so I will have something to work on when I visit and need something to keep my hands occupied when chores are done. She goes on and on at what a pretty pattern it is. She doesn't know the finished product will be for her. Thanks for posting!!! Also, your new spinning motifs are beautiful as is the triangle ones!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine, did you miss it in July then...its always been there I just updated it with a few more pictures if you look at the comment dates? Any way I would love to see some pictures if you have any, maybe add it to the Fans of my books/pattern I do every month? Your Mum will be over the moon then when you have finished it for her...
      Thank you the Spinning top Hex was another started in 2013.....oops! better late than never as they say...STH is growing fast, once i start on it i can stop.
      Have fun and thanks xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Suz!! I have been working on my daisies off and on since I first commented. I have 14 of them finished using 6 or 8 colors in 7 color combos. I now have to decide if I want to do another 6 of them to have enough for a full sized afghan, or to just make a couple more before joining into a smaller, sofa-sized one. No, I didn't see the pattern in July, I just saw the nice photo. I have a copy now, though, and will probably use it again in years to come.

    I saw the recent post about Ewes Cabin. This is 'almost' my idea of heaven. A room full of yarn with an ocean view. All that is missing are a couple of cats, a pot of strong coffee, and a comfy over-sized chair.

    AS always, thanks for sharing your work and patterns.

    From your USA, State of Georgia fan.
    Hugs,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine, sounds fabulous, hope you are blog posting a record of the make? I would love to have a picture for a fans post when you have finished? The Ewes Cabin was a fab shop. You are very welcome love to share a pattern or two xx

      Delete