Wednesday 18 November 2015

Stranne Light to complete today and a rainbow of Stars

To finish the Ikea Stranne light I started in 2011
I completed one but never got to finish the second...todays the day I hope

The Stranne Flower Light sits very happily in the dining room but the second is hidden away in a corner not being used so hopefully today I will a cut and add all the flowers and it will be perfect in the newly decorated room

They are great at Christmas as all the lights reflect on the glass doors and it looks like there are tiny lights every where when it goes dark

I am also making some rainbow stars....this one i made a couple of years ago as 
Christmas cards, stiffened and a Merry Christmas message added

This is the new one, i've used the hexagon daisy pattern from my book for the centre and then added the star points, a little bigger than the first rainbow star
as i've used dc [tr] instead of sc [dc] 

Not the best picture but taken as i finished last night, I will take more today in better light.
UPDATE: A few better pictures of the rainbow stars

difference in size to the giant grey Star


and the smaller rainbow star in hand to show the size

still quite generous in size



No comments:

Post a Comment