Monday 25 January 2010

CROCHET BAKTUS SCARF MARK 3

It works as a scarf but still not as l want it

So BAKTUS MK3 will need to be made
the increase will be the same
the stitch the same
but l'll use 3 x 50grm balls of yarn instead of 2 x 50grm balls
l want it to drape better so you can see the point of the triangle!
and l'll make it in a colour thats more me...loved this yarn in the ball
but just not me really...maybe try a plain colour!

for those who have no idea what l'm taking about hehehe not hard that one as l ramble on lol

A BAKTUS IS...... long triangular Norwegian Scarf that wraps around the neck and ties loosely at the front originally a knitted scarf
but the variations are as long as a piece of string!!!
l've seen them.....
striped
frilled
plain
lacy
chunky
feather light
wide
skinny
machine knitted
hand knitted
and crocheted
but originally l think it was a 'use up' project for 2 x 50grm balls of fine sock yarn
made in Norway and named after a dental cartoon

NORWEGIAN MUM her explanation


7 comments:

  1. I'm knitting one at this very minute...in shades of grey sock yarn..should be good!
    it's so easy and of course, grows fast....
    Photos to follow!! I think it's going to be something I'll be knitting often.. thanks for that Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a crocheter, where can I find a pattern? This sounds so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea as well, really different. Is there a pattern somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. I have the perfect ball of leftover home dyed yarn for one of these. Need a new scarf today as it's snowing here AGAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all having fun with this one
    Kate can't wait to see your Baktus with your dyed wool..fab x

    Hi Barbara and Debbie link was on last posting....x
    http://lysecreations.wordpress.com/2009/09/13/crochet-baktus-by-kalysa-s-france/

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANKS SUZ< GOT YOUR MESSAGE> I APPRECIATE IT< GOOD LUCK HOUSE HUNTING> DID YOU EVER GET THE DIRECTIONS WRITTEN FOR IT FOR ME? OYOU KNOW HOW BAD I AM W?O DIRECTIONS? ANYWAY HAVE FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suz, got the cupcake. too cute. i actually have it sitting on my computer desk. what type of yarn did you use? It looks thin. I wanted to make a few of these for my daughter who is taking baking in HS and wants to be a baker when she graduates. looks liske all sc? How did you make the cute rose and leaf. I think that really makes it perfect. Thanks again for being so sweet to send it to me. Any luck on the house? ALso i got the pattern for the baktus. Did you use a worsted weight yarn for yours? And follow the pattern as it was written? Yours looks bigger. Anyway, have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete