Saturday 11 November 2017

BOW STITCH SCARF OR YOU MIGHT KNOW IT AS BUTTERFLY STITCH...

I've been having another look through my samples again and came across this sample of Bow Stitch, using Alize Cotton Gold, click the link to see the colours
bought from my local wool shop 

and i've used a 4mm hook...lovely yarn to crochet with it has a tight twist to it almost looking like a crepe yarn



I think the stitch was originally called Bow Stitch, but with all the variations to date, it might have several names.....Butterfly stitch being one of them



This versions to my stitch count has an incorporated side band so you don't need to do a finish band when its completed, 




and I've added a picture or two of the lengthened stitch but sticking to the same stitch count in width



A simple sc, chain stitch can achieve a lovely solid row of ovals, 


using a space dyed yarn it will change colour so easily. With my stitch count version, change the length of the stitches and it opens up and becomes something quite pretty and lacy


My Stitch count is 3ch [side band], 4ch [bow], 2ch [join], repeated with the 3ch [band] at the other end, i've made a sample scarf of 64base ch sts, to make a scarf that is 
approx. 13" [33cms] wide with 10  'Bows'

Solid use sc, ch sts, to make it lacey, lengthen the stitches.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Chris, Hope Gerry love it lol xx

      Delete
    2. Makes me want to learn how to do more than my lovely chain stitch. A beginner. Forever I am afraid. Thank you for the inspiration.

      Delete
    3. Hi Sandra, thank you, you should try it, so much fun xxxx

      Delete