Friday 4 March 2011

CASHMERINO? SILK AND CASHMERE? OR PLAIN OLD COTTON?

Found a large cone of Cashmerino in the stash from Colourmart again..makes up beautifully and l have lots of it, tried some for the dress but still not right...going to try a linen mix next but still thinking the cotton would be best but not white!

But because l have a lot of the cashmerino l'm going to make a skirt, along side the 101 other projects on the go right now! lol
Longer and higher and l won't be wearing it with a top like this lol..
the old bod wouldn't do it justice hehehe
but something like this plain DC ST with a flower hem line
By the time l have tried all the yarns out for the dress l will have half a dress made already! lol
white is pure cotton 4mm hook
cream is cashmerino 4mm hook
steel grey is silk and cashmere and a 3.5mm hook
and l have to say it is SO SOFT, l keep stroking it, but still not right for the dress
pale grey and a 4mm hook.....a better colour for me but is only acrylic so definitely not for the posh dress

8 PETAL 4 ROUND FLOWER
I've decided to make a little jacket/top very simple
the piece so far is one front but needs a fill in shape..still to be decided
if it works and l like it on me l will remake it in 100% merino

have a fabulous Friday everyone
hugs X

The obscure we see eventually.  The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. 
 ~Edward R. Murrow

7 comments:

  1. Just one word...YUMMY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not wait to see this. What fun!!! I do need to make something besides a blanket. Finally, ready to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the ticket. Now that I've looked, I'm liking the 8 petals. Off to find some yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the end result!
    Scrummy colours
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh your photos are lovely Suz! and so is your crochet of course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok. I'm moving along with some test scraps. This is the first I've ever joined as I went. Finally, I think I've got it. But, please do share what you think we are going to do with those holes. I would love to make a jacket or cardi too. This first one is for practice, I totally do not like this colors or even the yarn. But, it's just as well. I'll be looking forward to seeing you progress.

    Hugs, Kate

    ReplyDelete