Saturday 5 March 2011

IRISH CROCHET RESEARCH...GIANT FLOWER

Isn't this fabulous?....a modern take on Irish Crochet by a Russian girl LenaStat on Ravelry
and she has a blog too...fabulous work

Irish crochet....you make up the motifs as individual items tack them to a fabric backing in the design you want and then join them together with a chain stitch.....simple hey!! hehe
mmmmm l bet it is!!!
Remove them from the fabric and you have a BEAUTIFUL lace fabric!
joined the RAVELRY IRISH CROCHET group too
some stunning work...look at this one l'm in love!
I'm so inspired to make the posh frock now!
Kate you asked how l was filling the spaces on the 8petal jacket....not sure yet but there should be something to see tomorrow!
circle? square? octagon? or maybe a teeny tiny flower...l'll be back

Have a super Saturday everyone
Hugs Suz x


GIANT FLOWER CUSHION by Susan Pinner
link to a new giant flower free pattern HERE


15 comments:

  1. Wow - how beautiful is that jacket!! Can't wait to see what you do with Irish crochet Suz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!!!!!!
    I love it all...

    I have just started to have a go at irish crochet with a 2mm hook...amazing!I'm loving it even tho it is so fiddly with my big fingers!
    I love the coat.... off to check out the irish group at Ravelry.
    Thansk for sharing hunny
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm off to join in on Ravelry too...I love it...
    'm having trouble joining my 8 pointed flowers together too..so can't wait to see what you come up with...still no email...try cariad@hotmail.co.uk...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG ! that second picture !

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always amazing. You do find the wildest stuff and it's always a treat to see. I love the white one especially. But that Russin, wow, it reminds me of the coral in the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. inspirational - the irish crochet looks amazing!
    Will check out that lady's blog!
    Thanks for sharing!
    The coat is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what lovely bright and beautiful yarns you have used where do you purchase such vibrant colours from? Devinder

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is one of those amazing pictures that you just look at in awe! Gonna be interesting to see how it inspires you.

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your beautiful work is untouchable! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Suz,

    WOW...just great!!!
    Have a nice Sunday and send you many Greetings,
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in need of instructions for the Irish crochet daisy. I have them in graph form only. I have crocheted for a long time and I just dont understand these instructions. Please send written instructions. I have made it 2 times and it just doesnt look like the picture. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi anonymous..not sure which 'daisy' you mean?
    Can't reply direct your anonymous!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have you seen this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/46645453@N07/5416998138/in/photostream or this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/46645453@N07/5638564832/in/photostream
    It's made also by a Russian girl who lives in Italy. Her name is Assia.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I marvel. HACIENO AHPRA I'M AN ANTIQUE Blouse. AND I DECIDED TO MAKE ME HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS SOON MORE PHOTOS. GREETINGS FROM COLOMBIA, I INVITE YOU TO SEE MY BLOG.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never seen nor heard of Irish crochet. Today was a treat.
    What a wealth of skills and talents.
    The Irish will live for ever because of this heritage.

    ReplyDelete